The www.alpinelaboratories.com website (the “Website”) is provided as an online resource from Alpine Labs LLC (“Alpine Labs”) from which to obtain information about, pre-order, and order Alpine Labs’ products. This Website is operated by Alpine Labs. More details about Alpine Labs can be found on the Website under “About Us”.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Website, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting the Website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What Information We Collect from You
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This may include information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name, and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy parts of this Website. For example, some information is required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our Website.
Information about Others.
You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Website. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Alpine Labs with their personal information.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Alpine Labs’ websites by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Website.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the Alpine Labs Website. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
· To help us customize the content and website experience provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information based on your apparent interests.
· To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access some of the tools offered on our sites.
How We Use Your Information
Please review "Your Choices with Respect to the Collection and Use of Your Information" below.
With Whom We Share Your Information
Alpine Labs may share your information with the following entities:
· Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, which may include business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
· Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
· Third-Party Websites. You can choose to access certain third-party websites and services through our Website. When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party websites.
We Also May Share Your Information:
· In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
· In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including partners and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop products and services we hope you will find of interest.
How You Can Access Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You will be able to access and update your contact information by contacting us as noted below. You can close your Alpine Labs account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your Choices with Respect to the Collection and Use of Your Information
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on the Alpine Labs Websites.
You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including order announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your Alpine Labs account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Email Communications. Alpine Labs wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of new services and information we provide. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent interests. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Alpine Labs, you may not be able to access portions of our Website.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using the Alpine Labs Websites, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we are implementing appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we, together with our partners, employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Alpine Labs is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Alpine Labs does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email email@example.com.
How You Can Contact Us