Photography and Writing Contest:
While we encourage all of you to just go out and enjoy the eclipse (especially if it is your first solar eclipse!), if you do take photos we would love to see them. So we’re having a contest for Best Eclipse Photo and Best Eclipse Time Lapse for the really ambitious. There is also a separate category for the writers out there: Best Eclipse Story. We’re sure there will be some adventures had and we want to hear about them as well!
To enter, tag #alpinelabs in your photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or email us your submission within 48 hours of the eclipse.
**The three winners will receive a free Pulse or Spark, and a $200 gift certificate to Adorama. We’ll also feature the winners in our newsletter after the eclipse.
Official Rules and Terms & Conditions for Eclipse Contest
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Eclipse Contest (“the Contest”), the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Alpine Labs as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. Purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to those who submit their submissions to Alpine Labs. The Contest is open only to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Residents of the states of AL, DE, NE and MS must be 21 or older. Employees of Alpine Labs, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on August 21, 2017 and ending August 23, 2017 at 12:00pm MST. Entries received after August 23, 2017 at 12:00pm MST are not eligible to win.
How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by tagging your Photo or Time Lapse with #alpinelabs on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or submitting it via email to email@example.com. To enter the Writing contest submit your submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. You may enter the Contest more than once given that each entry is a unique submission and not reposted content from another entry platform. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Alpine Labs. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Alpine Labs. Alpine Labs can void your submission thereby preventing You from participating in the Contest and/or revoking your participation if Alpine Labs deems Your submission or behavior to be offensive, dishonest, blasphemous, disrespectful, uncivilized and/or in any other manner deemed inappropriate by Alpine Labs. Entries must be photos, time lapses, or stories created by You.
- Prizes: The winners of the Contest (the “Winner”) will each receive one Pulse or Spark with a MSRP of $99 and $59, respectively. In addition each Winner will receive a $200 gift certificate to Adorama. There will be a total of three (3) Winners. Actual value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Alpine Labs. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Alpine Labs discretion. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Alpine Labs to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising, marketing and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning are also depending on the merit of the submission as determined solely by Alpine Labs. The odds of winning are not dependent on the number of ways You enter the Contest.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by judging by Alpine Labs. Judging criteria is as follows and may be subject to change: technical difficulty and execution, concept originality, and aesthetics. Winner will be notified by social media message or comment within one (1) day following selection of Winner. Alpine Labs shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, inattentiveness, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or within 5 days from the time prize notification was sent fails to claim the prize, fails to return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, or fails to provide their full name, mailing address, and camera model the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by Winner (at Alpine Labs sole discretion) will result in Winner’s disqualification as Winner of the Sweepstakes, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Alpine Labs, anyone acting on behalf of Alpine Labs, and Alpine Labs licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Alpine Labs from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Alpine Labs may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Alpine Labs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Alpine Labs control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Alpine Labs may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Alpine Labs. Alpine Labs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or websites or violates these Terms & Conditions. Alpine Labs has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different accounts within the same social media platform; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Alpine Labs reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Alpine Labs and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of Delaware, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in your state of residence or Alpine Labs states of operations having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Alpine Labs, 737 29th Street Suite 201, Boulder, Colorado 80303. Requests must be received no later than October 1st, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Alpine Labs at 737 29th Street Suite 201, Boulder, Colorado 80303.
- The Sweepstakes hosted by Alpine Labs is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
- By entering the Sweepstakes You agree to all of its terms and conditions and rules.
Please ask us any questions by emailing Alpine Labs at email@example.com. Thank you!